How to prepare:
For groups, that incorporate drama*, please prepare a monologue of no more than one minute, appropriate for age and ability.
Drama* auditions will also include a cold reading and improvisation exercise.
Please prepare 16-32 "bars" of a song of any style that is comfortable for the performer. You may bring a device to play an mp3, printed music for live accompaniment, or choose to perform a capella.
Music auditions may include questions and exercises related to vocal range and music reading ability.
In addition to the above, a performer may choose to include other areas of the performing arts, such as instrumental playing or a dance performance. These selections should be limited to no more than 2 minutes.
Please allow 20 minutes for each audition.
Please submit a head shot electronically prior to the audition to email@example.com.
*Nuggets of GOLD (ages 6-9) rehearsing 4-6 on Wednesdays in the fall. New performance rehearsals begin again in January
- *Chrysos (ages 9-12) rehearsing Tuesdays 4-6 or Thursdays 1-3 in the fall. New performance rehearsals begin again in January.
- *Vessels of G.O.L.D (ages 12-18) rehearsing 10-2:30 on Wednesdays and performing throughout April.
- *Vessels Vault (ages 12-18) rehearsing and recording 4:30-9:00 PM on Thursdays, with possible monthly audio or video recording on the second Saturday morning of each month.
- *Aureus (ages 18-35?) rehearsing schedule formed around individual cast members throughout June and July with performances in early August before college classes begin.
- Memories of G.O.L.D. (all ages) rehearsing schedule determined by agreement among those interested. New group rehearsals will begin again in January.